About Our Essential Beliefs--Statement of Faith
1. We believe the BIBLE, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the
inspired Word of God, the revelation of His will for salvation, and the final authority
for faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:19-21).
2. We believe in one GOD, Creator of all things, who is perfect in all His attributes.
God is a Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each an uncreated person, one in
essence, equal in power and glory (Exodus 20:2-3; Isaiah 45:5-7; Matthew
3. We believe that JESUS CHRIST, virgin born, represents humanity and deity in
indivisible oneness (John 5:23; 14:9-10; Colossians 2:9). His death on the cross
was substitutionary, propitiatory, and redemptive (John 10:15; Romans 3:24-25;
5:8). He arose bodily from the dead into heaven.
4. We believe that the HOLY SPIRIT is coequal with the Father and the Son
(Matthew 28:19; Acts 5:3-4; 28:25-26; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians
13:14). His work is to glorify Christ and to execute the divine will as it relates to all
mankind (John 14:16, 16:14).
5. We believe that MAN was created in the image of God, to know and enjoy Him
forever. Having fallen into sin, man's salvation is wholly of God's grace through the
redemptive work of Christ and not on the basis of human merit (John 3:5;
Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 11:6).
6. We believe that the true CHURCH is composed of all those who through faith in
Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body
of Christ, of which He is the Head (Colossians 1:18, 2:19).
7. We believe in the bodily RESURRECTION of the dead, of the believer to
everlasting blessedness, and of the unbeliever to judgment (Daniel 12:2; John
5:29; 1 Corinthians 15:52-53; Revelation 20:13-15).
Faith & Reason Forum