Second Coming of Christ
and other prophecies
1872, 1878, 1914, 1915
Introduction by D.M. As we saw, the Watchtower told their followers that Christ
returned in 1874. When too many people questioned this prophecies, they backed off.
They then predicted His return in 1872, 1878, 1914, and then, 1915. Take a look.
Click here to view 1878 & 1915 Prophecy
After you, or the JW, reads the highlighted areas aloud, ask the following questions:
1. Do you really believe that the “creation of Adam ended in 1872"? (The Time
is At Hand, p. 54)
2. Was Russell right when he said, “the end of the Gentiles would end in 1914?
(Times of the Gentiles, p. 77)
3. Was Russell right when he said that 1914 will see the disintegration of the
rule of imperfect men? (Times of the Gentiles, p. 77)
4. Was Russell right when he said that the above facts have been “firmly
established by the Scriptures? (Times of the Gentiles, p. 77)
4. Is it true that the Millennial Kingdom was set up in 1925?
4. Is the Watchtower organization correct to say, “the prophecies they have comes
from God.” (Watchtower, November 31, 1931).
4. Was J.F. Rutherford right when he said they were wrong with their
prophecies? (J.F. Rutherford, Prophecy, p. 22; Vindication, pages 142, 338, 339).
5. Read Deuteronomy 18:22. Could it be possible that Russell, Rutherford, and
the Watchtower organization are false prophets?
© Donna Morley, 2008
Faith and Reason Forum.org